Meritor WABCO, the leader in ABS technology, presents the newest product in its vehicle control systems— the electronic braking system (EBS). EBS, or "brake-by-wire," integrates anti-lock braking system (ABS) technology, automatic traction control (ATC) and other key vehicle control system features to deliver the next generation of braking control. EBS utilizes electronics for the control side of the vehicle's braking system. An electronic signal replaces the air signal sent by the brake pedal to activate the brakes, improving stopping distances and braking system performance. and EBS will provide the platform for the advanced safety systems of the future.
Features & Benefits
- Reduces the number of brake system components and air lines
- Enhanced diagnostics of the complete braking system
- Detects brake fade and notifies the driver if wear levels become critical
- Provides more predictable braking control
- Shortened stopping distances
- Internal pump relay
- Improved vehicle stability and driver control
- Brake "feel" like a passenger car
- System control and diagnostics information transmitted over J1939 andJ1587 data links
Tractor, Truck-Medium, Truck-Heavy, Trailer, Bus & Coach, Fire & Emergency, Motor Home. For literature, click here.