The Hydraulic Power Brake (HPB) is a braking and vehicle control system for vehicles in class 4 through 7 and buses that are equipped with hydraulic brakes. The full power system does not require an external source to provide power assist to achieve a low pedal effort as required in a conventional hydraulic braking system. HPB provides “Best in Class” stopping distance and pedal feel. HPB also provides brake control functions including ABS, automatic traction control (ATC), electronic brake force distribution (EBD), and optional auto-apply electronic parking brake control.
HPB also has the advantage of serving as an enabling platform, allowing for custom tailoring to meet the needs of various OEMs and fleet applications. In addition to ATC, the system can accommodate additional optional features such as electronic stability control, hill holder, and 4-wheel traction control.
Features & Benefits
- Pedal feel is significantly better than existing systems
- Shorter stopping distances
- Powered parking brake system – optional feature that is unique to market
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) standard
- Compact size and weight (compared to existing systems)
- Automatic Traction Control (ATC) – optional feature
- ATC not available on competitors hydraulic braked buses
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) standard feature that is unique to
the commercial vehicle segment
- EBD promotes more uniform brake lining wear
- Auto Apply of Parking Brake
- Key Switch Interlock
- Park Brake “Apply” Protection – standard with powered parking feature
- Park Brake “DriveAway"Protection
Truck-Medium, Bus & Coach, Fire & Emergency, Construction, Motor Home, Military. For literature, click here.