OnGuard™ is the first commercial vehicle Collision Safety System with Active Braking. OnGuard can assists the driver in maintaining a safe following distance and helps avoid or reduce the impact of rear-end collisions by braking as needed. OnGuard uses forward-looking radar sensor technology featuring advanced algorithms to monitor the distance to the moving vehicle ahead. When OnGuard detects that a potential collision is developing, it sends audible and visual warnings through an in-cab dash display so the driver is alerted to take appropriate corrective action.
Features & Benefits
- Detects developing rear end collisions
- Audible & visual warnings
Adaptive Cruise w/Active Braking
- Supplements vehicle’s cruise control
- Attempts to maintain safe following distance
- Automatically decelerates vehicle using throttle, engine & foundation brakes
- Automatically accelerates vehicle when lane is clear
- Feature is always active when vehicle is being driven
- Detects impending rear end accidents
- Supplies strong audible, visible & haptic warnings
- Automatically disengages if driver takes appropriate action
- Automatically de-throttles, applies engine brake and aggressively applies foundation brakes
- If accident is unavoidable, intervention can minimize impact
Tractor, Truck-Medium, Truck-Heavy, Bus & Coach For literature, click here.